Monday, February 15, 2021

Improving the wire mess

 Today I also started the task of improving the wiring situation. Currently there are way too many wires and the thing looks ugly as sin. I managed to find an old yogurt container that fit the dimensions of the robot nicely. I decided to move the arduino and the raspberry pi to the top, because those are the components that I interact the most, and hide the ugly motor controller mess under the contrainer. I also made a small plow that can be used for moving objects and a little front face to mount the ultra sound sensor and the camera.

 

 One problem that I have yet to solve is the battery placement. I want it to be removable, but I also want it to be secure. It is by far the heaviest part of the circuit and I don't want it to fall off when the robot accelerates quickly. 

So far I have it taped onto the back of the robot. But one new improvement is that I have added a power switch! This make the whole thing a lot safer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW Project Autonomous underwater vehicle!

  I have been more and more interested in Autonomous Underwater Vehicles and ocean exploration. I live on the coast with direct access to th...