Sunday, January 8, 2023

odometry implemented!

 Hey guys, I haven't been keeping up with the blog, because I've been progressing too fast to write down what I've done. I have finally completed the odometry node on the robot and implemented a tf broad cast on it.

 I know that odometry isn't a reliable method for localization, so I've also bought an IMU. After some test I was able to connect it to the Arduino Mega using the SDA pins. I haven't calibrated it yet so I don't know how accurate it will be, but I can combine the readings from the IMU and Odometry to implement an Extended Kalman filter, which should make the pose estimation a lot better.

I'm very worried about the Serial communication between the Mega and the Pi. There are a lot of parameters here. It seems to be working so far though. 

ALSO! I finally bought a lidar, which sits on the robot like a little hat! This will let me map the environment and navigate obstacles. I'm really excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW Project Autonomous underwater vehicle!

  I have been more and more interested in Autonomous Underwater Vehicles and ocean exploration. I live on the coast with direct access to th...